Newssecurity

Bank worker, two others regain freedom after payment of Five million naira random

A bank worker and two others who were reported to have been kidnapped at a quarry site located along Ijebu-Ode/Ibadan expressway have reportedly regained their freedom today.

According to a source, it was gathered that the release of the victims is coming after the families of the victims paid the sum of Five Million Naira (N5m) ransom to the kidnappers.

Victims who are, Mr. Popoola Isaac, a staff of RCC and Mr. Ismail Adeoye, a staff of Polaris Bank and two others were kidnapped along the Ibadan to Ijebu-Ode road and a ransom of #15 million was initially requested by the kidnappers.

But, according to the Public Relations Officer of the State Police Command, Mr. Olugbenga two of the kidnapped victims luckily escaped last week.

However, a close source to one of the family members of the victims told our correspondent on Monday that the victims were released during the weekend.

He said, “They have been released after payment of a ransom of N5m.”

The Public Relations Officer of the State Police Command, CSP Olugbenga Fadeyi when contacted also confirmed the release of the victims adding that the victims have been reunited with their families.

Fadeyi however stated that all efforts are in place to arrest the culprits and bring them to face the law.

Also Read  NACA Donates 8 Ambulances To Oyo Govt, Promises More Support To Makinde's Administration

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button