security

Evicted Sarkin Fulani, Denies Responsibility For Igangan Killings, Blame the Killings on Security Operatives Ineptitude


Alhaji Saliu Abdulkadir, the evicted Sarkin Fulani of Oyo State, has denied media reports that he is responsible for the fresh attack on Igangan community.

In an interview, Abdulkadir said it was wrong to have said the attacks on the palace Asigangan of Igangan, Oba Lasisi Adeoye, was planned by him. He said many herders were casualties during the attacks and even a Fulani man who was neither a cattle rearer nor trader and who has been living in Igangan since 60s was killed on Monday in reprisal attack on several Fulani settlements.

The Sarkin emphasised that he is not responsible for the attacks and has no mercenary anywhere to attack the people on his behalf.

The Sarkin Fulani, condemned the attacks, while charging the security agencies to do their job in arresting the perpetrators.

“They killed my people, destroyed my properties, I know nothing about the attacks. If I had the mercenaries, I would have defended myself when my palace was invaded by Sunday Igboho and his men.

“I have lost everything. I have been living from hands to mouth. I don’t have any mercenaries fighting for me. I leave everything in the hand of God.”



The evicted Sarkin Fulani who is currently in Ilorin, Kwara State, said the attack occurred due to the failure of security agencies, saying if the security agencies had been proactive, such would not have occurred.

Sarkin Fulani charged the Federal Government to intervene in the happenings in Ibarapa zone, saying while the state government is doing its part to restore peace to the warring communities, it requires the support of the federal government to achieve lasting peace in the zone.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button